It has come to my attention that someone, or some “ones” have been bad-mouthing me. If this true I welcome it, it can only mean one thing, I am having an affect on at least one person. If I am having an affect on someone, then that amounts to extra gravy on my rice. My main purpose for writing is to relieve my self of the anger and frustration I feel when I hear what the GOP extremist, and sadistic party is doing to destroy democracy and bring this country to it’s knees under a tyrannic oligarchy.
The republican presidential “field of delusion” have shown themselves to be qualified to lead a criminal motorcycle gang, a white-collar criminal organization, an extremely subversive white supremacist group, or some religious dominionist group. But, lead the country? Not a chance in hell ! The only place they can lead the country is on a downward spiral, wich is the swishing sound you hear in the background whenever they speak. They are all delusional lunatics, out to destroy the very fabric of democracy for all, and to make it an oligarchy, giving the country to a “ruling class“, their class, of those who hold the money and power and nothing more. They want US (the99%) to be subject to only what they (the1%) want, and only to their need to increase their wealth and power.
The one only thing they are committed to are the “super PACs” . And those who fund the superPACs, and their elections and supplement their personal incomes on the sly. Elections no longer reflect the needs and desires of the people, our elections have become auctions where only the highest bidder wins, and the American people are always the biggest loser.
However, the elephant in the room is this; The tea-party was born from and arose to prominence when those on the right and especially the extreme right had a complete mental and emotional break down because someone who should be in their view, a slave owned by them or their ancestors. How could this happen in their USA? It was such a shock to their beliefs and view of what america was supposed to be, that they became all-consumed with their hatred, their bigotry, their racism, and their need to remove this “black guy” from THEIR white house , that they are now in a mindless panic.
Every day we see the attack on voter rights, women’s rights, and the attacks on organized labor. They wnat to destroy the social safety nets that the poor, the elderly, and the infirm rely for mere survival. They try to defund and dismantle the educational system so, through attrition they can cultivate a poor, ignorant and gullible base that will be pliable and easy to manipulate through their lies and propaganda. We must remain mindful of this and fight back, we can not allow them to do this to us.
Ten Steps To Non-Violent Revolution
A Declaration, Petition for the Redress of Grievances and Action Plan- An OWS Working Group
Resolution for the General Assembly of NYC to Elect an Executive Committee on October 15, 2011
The Steps to Non-Violent Revolution and the Convening of a National General Assembly
Who are we? A Declaration, Petition for the Redress of Grievances and Action Plan- An OWS Working Group
WHEREAS THE FIRST AMENDMENT TO THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION PROVIDES:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
BE IT RESOLVED THAT:
WE, THE NINETY-NINE PERCENT OF THE PEOPLE of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, in order to form a more perfect Union, by, for and of the PEOPLE, shall elect and convene a NATIONAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY beginning on July 4, 2012 in the City Of Philadelphia.
I. Election of Delegates:
The People, consisting of all United States citizens who have reached the age of 18, regardless of party affiliation and voter registration status, shall elect Two Delegates, one male and one female, by direct vote, from each of the existing 435 Congressional Districts to represent the People at the NATIONAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY in Philadelphia convening on July 4, 2012. The office of Delegate shall be open to all United States citizens who have reached the age of 18. Executive Committees, elected by local General Assemblies from all over the United States, shall organize, coordinate and fund this national election by direct democratic voting. The Executive Committees shall operate similarly to the original Committees of Correspondence during the first American Revolution.
II. Meeting of the National General Assembly and Deliberation:
At the NATIONAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY, the 870 Delegates shall set forth, consider and vote upon a PETITION OF GRIEVANCES to be submitted to all members of Congress, The Supreme Court and President and each of the political candidates running in the nationwide Congressional and Presidential election in November 2012.
III. Proposed Petition for the Redress of Grievances:
This PETITION OF GRIEVANCES shall be non-partisan and address the critical issues now confronting the People of the United States and will be deliberated and voted upon by the 870 Delegates in consultation with the 99%.
The final version of the PETITION OF GRIEVANCES voted upon by the Delegates of the National General Assembly MAY or MAY NOT include the following issues:
1. Implementing an immediate ban on all private contributions of money and gifts, to all politicians in federal office, from Individuals, Corporations, Political Action Committees, Super Political Action Committees, Lobbyists, Unions and all other private sources of money to be replaced by the fair and equal public financing of all federal political campaigns. We REJECT the concept that money is equal to free speech because if that were so, then only the wealthiest would have a voice. These actions must be taken because it has become clear that politicians in the United States cannot regulate themselves and have become the exclusive representatives of corporations, unions and the very wealthy who spend vast sums of money on political campaigns to influence the candidates’ decisions and ensure their reelection year after year.
2. The immediate reversal of the outrageous and anti-democratic holding in the “Citizens United” case by the Supreme Court, which equates the payment of money by corporations to politicians with free speech.
3. Prohibiting all public officials and their immediate family members, whether elected or appointed from EVER being employed by any corporation they regulate while in office or holding any stock or shares in any corporation they regulate while in office until a full 5 years after their term is completed.
4. A complete lifetime ban on accepting all gifts, services, money, directly or indirectly, to any elected or appointed officials or their immediate family members, from any person, corporation, union or other entity that the public official was charged to regulate while in office.
5. A complete reformation of the United States Tax Code to require ALL citizens to pay a fair share of a progressive, graduated income tax by eliminating loopholes, unfair tax breaks, exemptions and deductions, subsidies (e.g. oil, gas and farm) and ending all other methods of evading taxes. The current system of taxation favors the wealthiest Americans, many of who pay fewer taxes to the United States Treasury than citizens who earn much less and pay a much higher percentage of income in taxes to the United States Treasury.
6. Medicare for all American citizens adjusted by a means test (i.e. citizens who can afford it will opt-out of Medicare and pay their own health insurance or opt-in and pay a means tested Medicare premium). The Medicaid program, fraught with corruption and fraud, will be eliminated except for the purpose of providing emergency room care to indigent non-citizens who will not be covered by Medicare-for-all.
7. New comprehensive regulations to give the Environmental Protection Agency the power to shut down corporations, businesses or another entity that intentionally damages the environment and/or criminally prosecute individuals who intentionally damage the environment. Immediate adoption of the most recent international protocols to cap carbon emissions and new goals to transition away from fossil fuels to reusable or carbon neutral sources of power as soon as possible.
8. Adoption of an immediate plan to reduce the national debt to a sustainable percentage of GDP by 2020. Reduction of the national debt to be achieved by BOTH a cut in spending to corporations engaged in perpetual war for profit, the “healthcare” industry, the pharmaceutical industry and all other sectors that use the federal budget as their income stream AND a truly progressive income tax code that does not allow the wealthy and corporations to evade taxes through excessive deductions, subsidies and loopholes.
9. Passage of a comprehensive job and job-training bill to employ our citizens in jobs that are available with specialized training and by putting People to work tomorrow by repairing America’s crumbling infrastructure. Establishment of an online international job exchange to match employers with skilled workers or employers willing to train workers in 21st century skills.
10. Student loan debt relief. Our young People and students are more than $830 billion in debt from education loans alone. Payment and interest on these debts should be deferred for periods of unemployment and the principal reduced using a corporate tax surcharge and by extending the age to collect social security from 65 to 70.
11. Immediate passage of the Dream Act and comprehensive immigration and border security reform including offering visas, lawful permanent resident status and citizenship to the world’s brightest People to come and work in our industries and schools.
12. Recalling all military personnel at all non-essential bases and refocusing national defense goals to address threats posed by the geopolitics of the 21st century, terrorism and limiting the large scale deployment of military forces to instances where Congressional approval has been granted to counter the Military Industrial Complex’s goal of perpetual war for profit.
13. Mandating new educational goals to train the American public to perform jobs in a 21st Century economy, particularly in the areas of technology and green energy, taking into consideration the redundancy caused by technology and the inexpensive cost of labor in China, India and other countries and paying our teachers a salary that is competitive with the private sector.
14. Subject to the elimination of corporate tax loopholes and exploited exemptions and deductions stated above, offering tax incentives to businesses to reconstruct the manufacturing capacity of the United States and reinstitution of the Works Progress Administration and Civilian Conservation Corps and other emergency governmental agencies required to create new public works projects to provide jobs to the 46 million People living in poverty, the 9.1% unemployed and 10% underemployed.
15. Implementing immediate legislation to encourage China and our other trading partners to end currency manipulation or impose a consumption tax on goods that those countries export to the United States calculated by comparing the fair market value of the currency to the manipulated valuation.
16. Immediate reenactment of the Glass-Steagall Act and increased regulation of Wall Street and the financial industry by the SEC, FINRA and the other financial regulators, and the commencement of a Justice Department criminal investigations into the Securities and Banking industries practices that led to the collapse of markets, $700 billion bail-out, and financial firm failures in 2007-2008.
17. Adoption of President Clinton’s plan to end the mortgage crisis and instead of the Federal Reserve continuing to lower interest rates for loans to banks who are refusing to loan to small businesses and consumers, the Federal Reserve shall buy all underwater or foreclosed mortgages and refinance the these debt at 1% or less to be managed by the newly established Consumer Protection Agency and (foreclosure task force described below) because 1% or less is the interest rate the Federal Reserve loans to the banks directly who hoard the cash rather than loan it to the People and small businesses.
18. An immediate one year freeze on all foreclosures to be reviewed by an independent foreclosure task force appointed by Congress and the Executive Branch to determine, on a case by case basis, whether foreclosure proceedings should continue based on the circumstances of each homeowner.
19. Subject to the above ban on money and gifts in politics, additional campaign finance reform requiring free air time and public campaign finances to all candidates who obtain sufficient petition signatures and/or votes to participate in the primaries and/or electoral process, shortening the campaign season and allow voting on weekends and holidays. Voting must be accessible to all citizens for democracy to work.
20. An immediate withdrawal of all troops from Iraq and Afghanistan and a substantial increase in the amount of funding needed for veteran job placement and the treatment of the physical and emotional injuries sustained by veterans in these wars. Our veterans are committing suicide at an unprecedented rate and we must help now.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVLED that IF the PETITION OF GRIEVANCES approved by the 870 Delegates of the NATIONAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY in consultation with the PEOPLE, are not acted upon and implemented to the satisfaction of the Delegates of the NATIONAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY after presentment of the PETITION OF GRIEVANCES to the government, said Delegates shall begin to organize a THIRD, COMPLETELY NON-PARTISAN INDEPENDENT POLITICAL PARTY to run candidates for every seat in the mid-term election of 2014.
★THE NINETY-NINE PERCENT★
NEVER GIVE UP
Stay strong….Never let the nay-sayers get you down…they will call you everything in the “nasty-book”. Then they will make shit up to degrade you and belittle you and make you seem like “roaches”. This fact alone should give you a sense of accomplishment; if they’re coming at you with their insults and negativity, then Reality says that you are making an impression on those you are protesting against. Never forget that what you are doing is extremely HEROIC, you are truly American Heroes and YOU ARE AMERICAN DEMOCRACY IN ACTION……………. Never Give up.
I was in my early teens during the protests of the 60’s, however I remember that it took many years to realize the desired result. The main focus was the vietnam war, but their was also focus on other issues, such as racial inequality, poverty, a broken and out-of-control government. Does this sound familiar? This new beginning is a bit late, it should have begun when Bush and his band of criminals hijacked the country and took it to the lowest point since Nixon. We cannot allow the nation to fall into the destructive control of the Republican Destroyers.
We do have one major advantage now that was not available in the 60’s, our biggest weapon: Social Media, the mainstream media will eventually catch up, but they are always slow to recognize anything that is good. They make their money on stupidity, debotchery and anything that has negative impact. Be patient, recognition will come…SO, NEVER GIVE UP.
Or was it a desparate attempt to get something; just anything to pass, so that he doesn’t have to go home completely empty-handed.
There are numerous factors at play here, Obama is in campaign-mode, wich gives him much less credibility than on a normal day, with respect to anything he may say. In this instance, however, he may be sincere.
Most notably, he not only touched , he took a firm hold onto the third rail. He wants to trim Medicare and Medicaid; wich is code for giving the republicans something they can salivate over. This is a dangerous door to open, once they get so much as a toe into the door they will soon be walking around in that room trying to see just how much they can vandalize, and eventually destroy.
No one should feel too good about extending the payroll tax cut, in the short term it will give some releif to individuals and small business, but in the long term weaken Social Security. Payroll Tax goes to fund Social Security, wich is why SS has never added one single cent to the deficit, it has always been totally funded by the payroll tax. Furthermore SS has been treated as a slush fund it has been continually borrowed from to fund other programs,much of that money has never been paid back into the fund as it should be. Billions upon billions, possibly trilions are still owed to the SS fund.
In my opinion, and I must say that my opinion is based on credible economics, the entire plan that the President unveiled is much too small, as was, the original stimulous plan. The 447 bilion the Presidnt proposed should have amounted to one third of the total. That 447 bln should have goneeverything he spoke of in his speech wich an additional one trillion going to rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure, wich would have been big enough and bold enough to actually have an impact to creating enough jobs to have a clearly positive effect.
Most dissapointing is the fact that we did not hear one word directed at reducing war spending, Bush’s wars (now Obama’s wars) and Bush’s tax cuts, now (Obama’s tax cuts) are well on the way to putting this country into bankruptcy. I must however, give him kudos on a marginally tougher and athoratative manner of speech. But, again, he’s in campaign-mode.
Article published by “CrooksandLiars”.
By Susie Madrak
So that’s the Texas miracle: Pass the buck to the federal government, and then attack the federal government for spending too much money!
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) – Texas Gov. Rick Perry has asked the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for nearly $350 million to cover the costs incurred detaining illegal immigrants in state prisons and county jails.
In a letter to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, Perry criticized the federal government hasn’t been doing enough to secure the border with Mexico, thereby allowing illegal immigrants to enter the U.S. and use taxpayer-funded resources, including prisons and jails. It’s a claim the Republican governor has made many times before.
The letter was dated Aug. 10, three days before Perry formally announced he is running for president.
Reached after-hours Friday by phone, DHS spokesman Matthew Chandler said he wasn’t in position to comment and said he could not confirm that the DHS had even received the letter.
Perry has been criticized by some fellow conservatives as being too lenient on illegal immigration issues. Unlike fellow GOP presidential hopeful Rep. Michele Bachmann, Perry does not think the U.S. should build a wall spanning the entire Mexican border. Perry also has supported discounted tuition rates for the children of illegal immigrants at Texas universities, and he has said Arizona’s tough-on-immigration law wouldn’t be right for Texas.
In his two-page letter to Napolitano, Perry described the formula he used to determine the costs, including $94.4 million to cover the costs incurred by county jails.
This won’t be very popular, I may even be ostricized from the liberal/progressive community. I do not beleive in giving illegals rights or benefits they are taking,actually stealing since they have perpetrated a criminal act to be here. This is The one thing I must, in good concience, part ways with the majority of liberals. Illegals are just that, ILLEGALS. OK, so we are a country made up entirely of immigrants, but our ancestors came here legally, they did not break in, sneak in under the cover of darkness. When our ancestors came here they were given papers of citizenship almost immediately. Times are much different now, the country is overcrowded, and the economy is in the toilet. Federal, state, and local budgets are in shambles. We can not, and should not be over-extending our resources to house, educate and give medical care to those who have no birth-right to such services and have not yet earned them. To me, it is absurd and obscene. We should feed them and give temporary shelter for 48-72 hrs untill we can ship them back to where they came. So I’m sure this will be the only point I will ever agree with rick perry on. Also by sending that bill, he made the clear point that government has not performed their duty of protecting our borders. -truthnreality
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN TRUTH AND REALITY GETS EXTREMELY PISSED, AS WE ALL SHOULD HAVE BEEN A LONG TIME AGO. IT’S STILL NOT TOO LATE…IT’S TIME TO QUIT SITTING ON OUR ASSES AND TWEETING . WE HAVE TO GET ON OUR FEET IN THE STREETS. WE ALL KNOW NOW THAT OBAMA IS TOO MUCH OF A WHIMP TO FIGHT. HELL, HE WON’T EVEN SPEAK IN LESS THAN A VERY POLITE TONE. CONGRESS WON’T GET ANYTHING DONE. THEY HAVE ALL BEEN CASTRATED BY THE MONEY. DYLAN WAS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT WHEN HE SAID THAT CONGRESS IS BOUGHT AND PAID FOR, AND IT’S NOT JUST ONE SIDE, BOTH SIDES ARE FULLY OWNED AND OPERATED BY THE BANKS, THE CORPORATIONS AND AS MANY SPECIAL INTEREST FUNDING GROUPS AS YOU CAN COUNT. THE PRESIDENT DON’T WORK FOR US, CONGRESS DOESN’T WORK FOR US, NO-ONE WORKS FOR US. WE ARE THE ONLY ONE’S WHO CAN WORK FOR US. I WISH IT WERE POSSIBLE TO GET EVERY ONE TO VOTE FOR “NO-ONE” IN 2012. WATCH THIS VIDEO, AND YOU’LL BE AS ANGRY AND MOTIVATED AS I FEEL RIGHT NOW. WE COULD JOIN AN ORGANIZATION ALREADY IN EXISTANCE, OR WE COULD FORM OUR OWN. YOU’RE DAMN RIGHT, DYLAN, I’M PISSED TOO. AND IT’S TIME TO GET ACTION FROM OUR BROKEN, AND INNEFECTIVE GOVERNMENT…… PLEASE TAKE THE POLL AFTER YOU WATCH THE VIDEO.–TRUTHNREALITY